As of March 2021, I’m looking for a new role as a Senior / Lead UX designer, particularly roles with a path towards leadership.
I’m open to contract work (minimum 6 months) and full-time positions.
I’m a Canadian citizen based in Calgary, AB, and am open to local jobs (preferably downtown) or remote / WFH positions from anywhere.
For shorter projects (under 3 months), my daily rate is $1,500 CDN.
For contract and fulltime work, I prefer to work with modern, progressive companies with:
- At least 30% women / underrepresented minorities in senior leadership roles
- Record of solid action for progressive social change
- Accommodations for neurodiverse employees
- Training and promotion from within
- Low employee turnover
- No cubicle farms or open plan offices (seriously, I just can’t.)
- Crucially: They should have existing design / UX teams, with representation for design at the VP / C-suite level, and regularly use research and cross-functional teams to create and refine products.
I prefer not to work for companies involved with:
- Fossil fuels
- Firearms / military tech
- Tobacco products
- Anti-union / anti-living-wage actions
Oh, and if you’re trying to sell me SEO services, please note that all your messages go straight into the spam bucket, so save yourself the trouble.